free website stats program 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

Chris,

1. I'm not sure, as I do not have them installed, but I do not see where they would be a problem. I believe that I have seen on other bikes before. Perhaps someone else could say for sure.

2. Not sure what you mean by this. The only thing you will notice is that you can not see the trans cover that says 6-Speed on the 07's, and clutch adjustment is made from other end, so unless you are going into the tranny for something (and if you are, then removing the pipes is Not your biggest worry) this is a non issue. My wife's bike has the stock pipes on it still and I just went and looked to be sure of this. I see no added problems with this.
If anything it has made it much easier to polish and clean the oil tank. Also keeps the pipe behind the cover (on stock) from showing (reflecting) on the oil tank.

Whatever you decide, make sure its the pipes and look that YOU want, not what someone else tells you to get. Hope your happy with whatever way you chose to go.

FM

Just had the Kuryakyn passenger floorboards installed on mine and the fit very nice. I have the Vance and Hines bigshot Longs. What I've been told about the staggered is that if you do a lot of two up riding, the shorter staggered pipes are much louder for the passenger.
H-D 4 might confirm this or prove it wrong.
The bigshots have a nice loud (yet smoothe) rumble. I like em!
H-D 4, I've just about got the fivehundred mile thing done and very anxious to open it up.
I know, What took me so long? Well, had to wait for the snow and ice to melt. I don't mind riding wet, but I don't do the ice skating thing well.
I did notice that if you corner to sharp, the floorboards have a tendancy to scrape.
Other than that, I am very happy with this scooter.
Be safe!
W-R

Chris, I managed to get a photo of my bike with the V&A bigshots (long) posted on the gallery under softail models. Check it out. I'll take one tomorrow with the footboards on it.
W-R

This bike is taking everyone back to the good old day's of Harley. The design of this bike is based off of the vintage softails with some added updates. I really like this bike and it looks like it would be great for longer riding. I love how it seats two easily and focuses on the comfort of the second rider so much. Take a look at this bike and tell us what you think.

I have to agree this is one of the best. Nice Ride plenty of Power what more could we want.

W-R,
Thanks for the post. I took a look at the picture you posted ... nice looking ride. I'm guessing you are right that the sound of the staggered pipes is louder for the passenger. Glad your floor boards fit OK.

I ordered floor boards last week ... they should get here well before before my bike lol I figured that should be my first mod because several of my friends had passengers with melted heels because the pegs are so close to the pipes.

I'm really not sure what I am going to do for an exhaust yet I do appreciate your input.

Chris

Chris, Something you might consider. Kuryakyn passenger boards are $200.00 cheaper than HD boards. The part number is 7907. Page 64 in their latest catalogue.
Keep in mind that they don't include part #8008. They are the male mounts needed for the kit. Page 60. One pair at $14.99. They look very nice on the bike and my wife loves them.
Good luck. Post a pic of your bike when you can.
W-R

W-R,
I already ordered boards so the Kuryakyn passenger boards are not really an option for me... I know its always great to hear whether a modification works well or not before putting down the change though. Got to love the internet for doing research like that.

I will post a picture once I get it and once I get at least a few items put on it.

Chris

Hi all,

I'm new here. I have a few questions about this model.
There are very few Harleys that suit my tastes and needs so choosing one is easier. But I would be interested to know a few things.

First off are these machines (FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic) suitable for comfortable all day riding? What about vibration especially at speed,(70 to 80 mph)?
Do they have a strong breaking system?
A good cornering bike?( compared to it's class)?

I currently ride an 04 Kawasaki Meanstreak. Very nice machine with awesome handling. Just not really suitable for long 2 up riding.
I'm interested to replace it with something similar but not a full dress touring machine!.

Where can I find additional information on the Heritage Classic?

thnx in advance!

Hi all,

I'm new here. I have a few questions about this model.
There are very few Harleys that suit my tastes and needs so choosing one is easier. But I would be interested to know a few things.

First off are these machines (FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic) suitable for comfortable all day riding?

Depends on what you consider all day riding. I have put on over 250 miles on my new 2007 (the longest so far to date) and was quite comfortable.

What about vibration especially at speed,(70 to 80 mph)?

I notice some vibration in the floorboards, but nothing that I would consider "un-bearable"

Do they have a strong breaking system?

Yes. I have found the braking to be very adaquate for my needs.

A good cornering bike?( compared to it's class)?

I have read of dragging the floorboards on tight turns. All I can say is that they must be really laying it over, as I have taken some turns at quite a bit over the posted speed and have not as of yet drug. Like any heavy bike, the cornering is not like a Sport Bike by any means.

I currently ride an 04 Kawasaki Meanstreak. Very nice machine with awesome handling. Just not really suitable for long 2 up riding.

I have two friends who have this bike and they are happy with them (they both ride solo). SIDE NOTE: The Husband of the two said he really wanted to get Harleys, but didn't think they could afford them, so bought the Mean Streaks instead.

I'm interested to replace it with something similar but not a full dress touring machine!.

Where can I find additional information on the Heritage Classic?

The Heritage is a Good Choice. However you must try the different models and detremine which model fits you the best. I know of friends who perfer the Road King to the Heritage, and others who perfer the Heritage to the Road King. Make sure that you Test Ride several models before you buy and do not just rely on what someone else tells you. Harley Davidson provides you the opportunity to Test Ride their machines at most of the Major Bike Events each year. Look on their website for a location nearest you and take the time to go check them out. If this is not an option for you, then I would suggest that you Rent each model that you are considering for a day from your local dealer and try them out. While this option may cost a little now, its better than buying a bike that you will not be satisfied with.

thnx in advance!

I hope that this will help you with the questions you have. What ever way you go, once you own a Harley for the first time you will begin to understand what is meant by the saying "if I have to tell you- you wouldn't understand". There really IS SOMETHING different about being on a Harley.

FM

Last edited:
Thanx for the quick reply.

I do indeed need to test ride a couple models.

Are there major differences between the 06 an 07 models?
I am refering to anything other than the 96 cube and 6 speed.
Any improvements in breaking or shocks, damping...that sort of thing.

Also I am curious why HD normally uses single caliper breaking systems when so many of the big import bikes have gone to dual caliper?

Is there a road test available for download? Or maybe a magazine article your aware of?

Back