free website stats program 2007 FLHTCU HD Siren Install | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHTCU HD Siren Install

Sheep

Hello everyone. Glider sent me the link to this forum. I have a problem.

2007 Ultra

Ok. I finally bought a siren and installed it tonight. Had one I put on my RK. Liked it and finally got around to buying one and installing. Does't work though. Won't chirp when I walk away and if I throw my FOB a distance away and then stand the bike up or turn on the ignition, the lights flash but no audible alarm.

When I first bought it I was having the siren put on before I picked it up. They put two on and gave up because it didnt work They thought they needed a new model siren that worked with the 07 models.

Now I'm wondering if something else is wrong. The installation instructions say the internal battery may be dead and needs to be recharged. 4 hours of runnig the bike seems excessive though. Not sure why the internal battery being dead would cause it to not function once its hooked to the wiring harness.

Any ideas other than taking it back to the dealer and telling them something is wrong with the harness?

Dave (Dukes Sheep)
'07 FLHTCU NAH#2 DOF #5 SENS
"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he was connected at 14.4kps

Dave, thanks for stopping by.

Did you install the smart siren II or the plain smart siren? Does it have an antenna on it and did you have the system already in and just add the siren or did you install the entire system?

This is the installation of the siren
Smart Siren II installation - Harley Davidson Community

The differences in the sirens.
Chirp/No Chirp Smart Siren Differences - Harley Davidson Community

Check out the self help forums with the link at the bottom of this post.

You can try this procedure too.
Alarm Chirp Mode (smart FOB) - Harley Davidson Community

I have the 68328-02. Bike came from the factory with the security system. The dealer at the time I purchased (July 2006) was going to install the siren but the two they tried didn't work.

So now the one I have doesn't work. The siren's build date on the box is 10/2007. The install itself is just a simple plug and play. It didn't chirp at me so I put the key back in the house and turned ignition to run. Lights flash but no alarm.

I'm thinking a wiring issue with the harness which I am not qualified to troubleshoot.

You need the 68328-06 siren if you want it to chirp. You have the 68328-02 which will not chirp when setting.I doubt you have a wiring problem.

The 68328-02 will chirp. Just needs to have the feature activated. Mine chirps now. Seems like the internal battery was discharged. Just the ride over to the dealer (40 miles) was enough to give it enough of a charge to work.

Seems odd the internal battery needs to be charged for it to work when its connected to the bikes battery.

Sheep

Just wondering if the one without the antenna chirps. I switched batteries in mine, had it on the battery tender, and took it out for a pretty decent spin & it didn't chirp. Hmmmm...........But, as long as I think it don't chirp, I'm done with it! :D

Also, if mine starts chirping all of a sudden, I'll be thoroughly confused.:s

Just wondering if the one without the antenna chirps. I switched batteries in mine, had it on the battery tender, and took it out for a pretty decent spin & it didn't chirp. Hmmmm...........But, as long as I think it don't chirp, I'm done with it! :D

Also, if mine starts chirping all of a sudden, I'll be thoroughly confused.:s

Mine is the one without the antenna and it chirps. The chirp comes disabled and has to be turned on.

Chirps once when I turn it on. Then chirps twice when I turn it off. If it chirps 3 times the internal battery needs to be replaced.

Sheep

Mine is the one without the antenna and it chirps. The chirp comes disabled and has to be turned on.

Chirps once when I turn it on. Then chirps twice when I turn it off. If it chirps 3 times the internal battery needs to be replaced.

Sheep

How did you get the chirp turned on?

Back