free website stats program 2007 FLHTCU and Fuelmoto Vision | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHTCU and Fuelmoto Vision

greyzeth

I have a 2007 FLHTCU that has no modifications and runs very hot. Iv'e been told the HD has a ECM download that would richen the fuel mixture a causing the system to run smoother and cooler.

Recomendations have been:
1. spend the $200.00 on a stage 1 download then $180.00 for stage 1 intake.

2. spend the money on $460.00 and 2 hrs install and dyno and $180.00 for stage1 intake

or

3. Purchase the Fuelmoto Vision and air intake upgrade that would cost about $320.00

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

What do you consider "very hot?"
I also have on '07 Ultra.
I have an oil temp gauge and it doesn't read anything out-of-limits.
SE muffler, SE A/C and a Power Commander.
Only engine changes I've done to it.
Runs fine. I do have the vent wings along the edge of the seat to direct some of the engine heat away from me but I've never considered my bike to be running "hot."
That's even while riding through the desert.

My understanding is that your power commander has modified the factory setting on the ECM and you engine is running peak or close to peak performance.

Brad

Sorry, what i ment by very hot is if traffic is slow or i'm at a stop light my thighs know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that your power commander has modified the factory setting on the ECM and you engine is running peak or close to peak performance.
Brad
I'll go along with that idea.
It was easy. Removed the leads to the O2 sensors and placed their load resistors.
Inserted the Power Commander.
Everything was automatic.
Just watched my plugs and everything was good.
That was 3 years ago and I haven't looked back.

Sorry, what i ment by very hot is if traffic is slow or i'm at a stop light my thighs know it.
Do you have some of the air deflectors that mount under your leg, off the edge of the seat?
They help.
The 96 engine just runs hot!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the majority of street riders that have not done anything radical to their engines, the simplest approach to the Factory lean condition our engines come as is a ECU piggy-back fueler. Many of us on this site have experience with the TFI from Dobeck. There is a ton of info on this site about this and other options here:

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Your best bet is a full Stage 1 (freer flowing slip-ons and A/C) and a fueler.

TQ

Welcome to the Forum, The 07 models also had a Torque Smoothing Down load, you can check your VIN number with your dealer to see if this has been done, a few 07 models fell through the cracks, mine did, All the 96 and bigger motors run hotter than the Evos did it is just the way it is with out adding more fuel to cool it down some and give it some extra boost JMO

I occaisonally ride an 07 Road King, with a 103, which is bone stock. It gets pretty darn hot on hot days, but nothing out of what I'd consider normal. It will stumble a little at idle, but right back to normal as soon as you twist the throttle. Not sure if the 07's have the heat managment like the 08's and above.

Back