free website stats program 2007 FLHTC Cruise Control | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHTC Cruise Control

bikerjeff

HELP!

Harley made a kit for the '07 FLHTC specifically, part # 77196-07. This kit is for '07 only. Now, HD no longer produces this kit and I am having bad luck in finding it anywhere. I did buy a partial kit from a CA dealer - everything but the hand control assembly (part # 70039-07). This also is not available via HD and is specific to this kit.

Anyone got any ideas?

Have you already tried Ebay and/or Craigslist? Having the part numbers already makes these an easy search.

Ditto - do a search on some of the auction sites, or post parts wanted on this & other forums. Might be worth a try/search...also, can call a few salvage dealers who have bikes to see if ther would possible have these items. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Tried all of the suggestions - no luck.

So - a bounty for anyone that can locate or provide a complete kit part number 77196-07 OR right hand control assembly part number 70039-07

When looking for a part, my dealer has looked at his dealer data base and could tell me which dealer in the country has the part.

You just need a parts person who is willing to try harder.
Only takes a couple of minutes.

Kuryakyn makes a nice kit, just a thought good luck. Also if you are a member of HOG you get their Atlas (map book) each year that list all the dealers in the US and Canada, it might take some time but let your fingers do the walking. Good look I know your frustrations.

UPDATE

I did finally source the entire cruise control kit for my '07 FLHTC.

I stumbled upon a dealer in the UK - Sycamore HD (Sycamore Harley-Davidson | New Bikes | Used Bikes | Test Rides | Servicing) - and they had the kit ready to ship to me in a week! Had it installed this weekend by my local HD shop & it works perfectly.

While Sycamore charged the expected retail price, I paid big time for it, considering the Xrate, British pound versus US dollar.

But the big question remains; WHY did I have to go to the UK to find a kit that HD says is no longer available, and WHY couldn't HD tell me that I needed to go there in the 1st place?....

Hey Jeff,
I recently bought the same bike and have the same problem. If I had only known what we now know. Do you still have the part numbers I would need. Harley store said they can't find anything other then the obsolete complete kit # 77196-07. So I need to piece it together if I can't get lucky and find the kit in my search.
Thanks for the help,
Ron

Hey Jeff,
I recently bought the same bike and have the same problem. If I had only known what we now know. Do you still have the part numbers I would need. Harley store said they can't find anything other then the obsolete complete kit # 77196-07. So I need to piece it together if I can't get lucky and find the kit in my search.
Thanks for the help,
Ron

Here's a link that claims they have (or make replica) the obsolete cruise units. It's a difficult to understand web site/ charts, but worth a look. Let us know if anything good comes from it.
whatcruise

Back