free website stats program 2007 FLHT Engine Rattle | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHT Engine Rattle

hogwild

My engine has a rattle when running between 65 and 75 MPH and during acceleration, it quiet's down around 80 MPH, I took it to the dealer and they told me it was normal for the 07's, Right now I have 29,900 miles on my bike and after reading about the runout on the TC96 engine it has me more concerned, I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Sounds to me like pinging, not a rattle. My 07 RKC is the same way, very annoying. I'm sure the dealer said they all do it, but that does not make it right. It shows up really bad if the engine is lugging at all. And I run 93 octane always.
At the moment I'm looking into getting nightrider's Xied's to change the fuel ratio to something more respectable of 13.8 vs what we have now at 14.7.
I'm hoping that will help out a lot, and from what I've read here on the forum, it looks like just what I need. My bike is completely stock, and I plan on keeping it that way.
do a search here for "Xied" and you'll see what I mean.
Jer

Why not get a TFI over the IED?

The fuel map in these bikes needs fuel down low more than the upper part of the map and the IED adds the same amount overall.

Thanks for the advise, the TFI looks like the way I'm going to go. If it helps quiet it down some I'll be happy.

Back