free website stats program 2007 FLHRC Loss of Power and Overheat | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FLHRC Loss of Power and Overheat

DHRKRider

Requests for ideas for possible problem - After about 1-2 miles the right exhaust pipe (near the end) becomes too hot to touch. Left exhaust pipe is only warm. Another issue is if I go down a grade using engine breaking, by the time I get down the 1 mile hill, I lose all sound from the mufflers and notice loss of power.

If you have stock exhaust that is normal the left pipe is different than the right also is yours HDI since in germany? As far as engine braking I personnaly dont use it,does the bike back fire? Almost sounds as if your running too lean...

Welcome to the forum. Is the bike stock? Any changes ? Sounds like a lean condition to me too. As Texas Tom says, there is probably a crossover pipe that connects right side to left side. Therefore the exhaust goes the path of least resistance. Any other running issues? The more info the better we can help.

ALSO;

Using the compression, going Down a Hill, will remain "ON" (no gas by HD design/shut off) UNTIL the speed lessens enough to turn "ON" the fuel again...

It feels like the bike LOOSES all it's compression when it "comes back to life", but only getting fuel back so YOU Won't Feel the compression. Because the fuel back on allows the bike to RUN again..

Harley Shuts Off the fuel when you are against the compression side of the Slowing Down...(almost like turning off the key) Only until about a fast Idle and then it turns back on.

Causing the feeling of Lost compression.

signed....BUBBIE

. . . . .Using the compression, going Down a Hill, will remain "ON" (no gas by HD design/shut off) UNTIL the speed lessens enough to turn "ON" the fuel again...
. . . . . .
Harley Shuts Off the fuel when you are against the compression side of the Slowing Down...(almost like turning off the key) Only until about a fast Idle and then it turns back on.
.. . . . . . .

Wow I did not know that. A guy can learn a lot just tuning in to a thread title of "Loss of Power and Overheat".

I originally thought, I need to read that, cause that's just how I feel when I mow the yard. Course I have an acre to mow.

Back