free website stats program 2007 Electra Glide Fuel Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Electra Glide Fuel Problems

dewhurstaj

I have an early model 2007 HD Electra Glide w/ 7,400 mi. Recently the engine has developed a very bad miss or momentarily cuts out. While the engine is running poorly, cutting out & acting like it is out of gas, the service fuel light will come on but gas tank is full. Then the service fuel light will go out & the motor will run better but not quite normal. It appears the service fuel light not only monitors the fuel in the gas tank but also the fuel pressure to the ejectors?

I called the dealer & he has not heard of a similar problem on 2007 touring models & suggested a possible fuel pump replacement at an estimated cost of $250 for the part.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem on a 2007 HD touring model? Does anyone have any suggesting of what could possible cause this type of problem? The bike is out of warranty & the local HD dealer hr/ rate is $80/ hr.

Thanks in advance for helping!
Andy

Hey dewhurstaj, Does your bike store any codes when this happens? A friend had a similar thing happen to a 06 R/G they replaced the fuel pump and it still would cut out and some times completely die but would start right back up. when he found the problem it was the fuel line had a crack in it right below the fuel tank.

Hope you find your problem.
Hoghunter

Hey dewhurstaj, Does your bike store any codes when this happens? A friend had a similar thing happen to a 06 R/G they replaced the fuel pump and it still would cut out and some times completely die but would start right back up. when he found the problem it was the fuel line had a crack in it right below the fuel tank.

Hope you find your problem.
Hoghunter

IF, the fuel line had a crack in it, under the fuel tank, wouldn't there be raw fuel seen/smelt?

I have an early model 2007 HD Electra Glide w/ 7,400 mi. Recently the engine has developed a very bad miss or momentarily cuts out. While the engine is running poorly, cutting out & acting like it is out of gas, the service fuel light will come on but gas tank is full. Then the service fuel light will go out & the motor will run better but not quite normal. It appears the service fuel light not only monitors the fuel in the gas tank but also the fuel pressure to the ejectors?

I called the dealer & he has not heard of a similar problem on 2007 touring models & suggested a possible fuel pump replacement at an estimated cost of $250 for the part.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem on a 2007 HD touring model? Does anyone have any suggesting of what could possible cause this type of problem? The bike is out of warranty & the local HD dealer hr/ rate is $80/ hr.

Andy
Here's the Fuel Pump section out my 07 Softail Manual. It should be the same or similar for yours.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump removal and intallation.pdf
    658.3 KB · Views: 33
Here's the Fuel Pump section out my 07 Softail Manual. It should be the same or similar for yours.

Andy

Not that hard a job to do yourself.
Just time consuming!
Get a quote price from Zanotti Motor's, in Butler Pensylvania.
https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Last edited:
Back