free website stats program 2007 Dyna Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Dyna Street Bob

All I got to say is your one lucky man to have a cool enough kid to do that for, and that's one lucky kid to have an ole' man that would do that for him. My dad wouldn't even cosign a loan for me, but I learned how to get what I want by working for it.

Of all the Harley's I,ve owned or ridden the Dyna's are the best. Very nibble and smooth as glass to ride on. Being a small framed person I traded my Electra Glide standard for a Street Bob and haven't looked back. For a first time rider you can't go wrong.
jb

I guess you as his parent has to weigh the pros & cons cuz you, not us know his Bike riding experience if he aint that experienced I would get him another make of bike to see if its for him and a far less expensive investment, however if you have your mind set on a Harley for him the Street Bob is a excellent choice but be forewarned the Street Bob almost screams to twist that throttle back I am only 5'6" I opted to keep the mid range controls & just add highway pegs so when I am just cruising around I just stretch out & ride, but on a nice curvy road I hit the mids & I'm gone,so whatever you decide I hope you & your son are both happy,Wow a Harley at 17,all I got was a Kawasaki 305 at 15,well one things for sure, you get him a Street Bob you will have someone to mow your grass & yardwork for life,LOL....

Personally, I think you are crazy for buying a teenage son their own bike! :) I was one once and thought I was invincible at 17. Then again, maybe I'm just jealous since I had to buy my own and my mom wouldn't let me do it until I was 18. Didn't have much money so I bought a little honda. Had it for a about a year until I realized that I wanted a harley. 15 years later, I finally just bought my hog.

Bought a Street Bob two weeks ago and LOVE IT. I haven't had a bike in years and have no problem riding this bike. Probably a good one for him to start on. If he tall, you might want to think about the forward controls though. I'm 6' 3" and wouldn't be confortable on this bike without them.

p.s. MAKE HIM WEAR HIS HELMET and take a riding safety class!! Even exerienced riders say they benefit from the class.

x2 especially with the helmet and the MSF classes.

This bike is commonly referred to as the single guy's ideal bike. There is no room for a second passenger so females usually think the guy is terrified of a commitment. It’s a sweet bike and I’m sure he would love it.
Maybe even warm up to putting on a two-up seat later, IF the clouds clear in the commitment area...:lero

I think it would be pretty cool to have a dad that would buy a teen a new HD...and like others have similar story...my parents told me early on I would NEVER ride a motorcycle while I lived at home...only taught me two things, appreciate the things you can do more and be patient and persistant, be able to separate the wants and needs enough get the whole kaboodle when on your terms when funds, resources and timing converge. Still, I wonder if those few thousands of dollars up front could have had me motorcycling much earlier...time wasted...hmmm? :(

Last edited:
Who says a Street-Bob is not an all around good bike.
Great bang for the buck!!!!!
It is a great all around bike.
Run around local, or long trips. (96ci 6speed)
One person or two with no problem.
My buddie weighs 320 lbs and rides his girl EVERYWHERE on his 08 S.B!!!!!
He just needed to install progressive shocks, (450 lbs :52:) on the bike.

Here is a picture of my 07 dressed

Attachments

• Street bob.jpg
    Street bob.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Street bob 2.jpg
    Street bob 2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Street bob 3.jpg
    Street bob 3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Street bob 4.jpg
    Street bob 4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
I just bought a 2007 Street Bob for my first bike and love it. 2010 street bob weighs 634 lbs and the sportster 1200 weighs 562 lbs.. So really my opinion, its a great starter bike, its well balanced, rides great on the highway with the 6 speed trans. also. Two thumbs up.

Back