free website stats program 2007 Dyna Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Dyna Street Bob

hali

I have recently been looking into getting this bike for my 17 year old’s birthday in January. It has an air-cooled 1584 cc Twin Cam 96 engine. I have been told that it is a good first Harley. I am looking for opinions from people who may have it or been on it.:D

This bike is commonly referred to as the single guy's ideal bike. There is no room for a second passenger so females usually think the guy is terrified of a commitment. It’s a sweet bike and I’m sure he would love it.

Well than I say it is good for a teen, they do not need to be riding with passengers until they gain experience and prove thay are reSponsible. You can always trade up in a few years! I think this is a sweet bike and would be an amazing birthday gift!

I am nervous about my teen son and a bike. he is an adrenaline junkie.daredevil by nature and his dad and I worry about what he is going to come up with next. he is a crazy kid, very brave and occassionally foolish.

Personally, I think you are crazy for buying a teenage son their own bike! :) I was one once and thought I was invincible at 17. Then again, maybe I'm just jealous since I had to buy my own and my mom wouldn't let me do it until I was 18. Didn't have much money so I bought a little honda. Had it for a about a year until I realized that I wanted a harley. 15 years later, I finally just bought my hog.

Bought a Street Bob two weeks ago and LOVE IT. I haven't had a bike in years and have no problem riding this bike. Probably a good one for him to start on. If he tall, you might want to think about the forward controls though. I'm 6' 3" and wouldn't be confortable on this bike without them.

p.s. MAKE HIM WEAR HIS HELMET and take a riding safety class!! Even exerienced riders say they benefit from the class.

dunno if its been suggested, but Id look at the sportster nightster for a young guys first street bike - smaller engine, just as cool as the street bob - in fact, the look is a little more agressive - I just think would be a better first bike and still a 'solo rider' bike so it discourages passengers
On the side, you definitely get the 'cool' factor for even considering to buy yer son a bike - Just make sure he realizes the dangers - but the again they can kill themselves on the local halfpipe witha s kateboard too, so I dont get too wrapped up in the danger aspect, just needs to realize is all

Good Luck!

I JUST bought an 07 street bob i have had it for about 4 days now and i love it..rides much better than i imagined! and there deff. isnt any room for a passenger but thats what i wanted so it works for me! I wish i could have got it for my birthday though....lol:D

If it's his first bike, I would suggest something a bit smaller until he gets use to it and then go to the bob if you want. We all have a bad moment and if he dropped a brand new bike as opposed to something older with a few scrapes on it, everyone will get over it much easier.

I have the 96 in a Road King and it has a LOT of spunk even in a heavier bike.

I have an 07 street bob, with added second seat, backrest and luggage rack. the second seat comes off easily (couple screws )and you get the original look back. See my avatar. I keep it in solo mode, except when needed to carry a passenger.

If it's his first bike, I would suggest something a bit smaller until he gets use to it and then go to the bob if you want. We all have a bad moment and if he dropped a brand new bike as opposed to something older with a few scrapes on it, everyone will get over it much easier.

I have the 96 in a Road King and it has a LOT of spunk even in a heavier bike.
At 14 I was racing semi pro Motocross by 17 I was was riding Scorpion Engineering's TF/HD.
Age has far less to do with riding then experience and talent.
He's your son you know him better then we do. If you feel he can handle it , Have him take MSF riding course. If he passes that you know he can at least ride in a parking-lot.
Dynas aren't just good starter bikes There just GOOD bikes.
I can ride anything i want and I ride a SuperGlide.

Back