free website stats program 2007 Dyna severe pop on decel | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Dyna severe pop on decel

mnkymn1

Hey guys ( and gals). I have an issue that is driving me batty. I'm working on a 2007 Dyna and have severe pop on decel. I checked intake and exhaust flange tightness. No codes are present. The fuel pump in the tank continues to "whine" even after started....Actually, it primes, shuts off, then starts back up and "whines" when the motor is running. I checked and changed the dreaded fuel lines inside the tank that have a tendency to rub and wear holes in them. They didn't have holes but were wearing down, so i changed them anyway for good measure. Seems to accelerate ok, but wicked popping on decel. Also, checked all relays and fuses, etc for proper continuity. It has a screamin eagle tuner in it but these problems came from out of the blue (also, might I add, after a clutch job). But I see no reason why the people whom did the clutch job would have messed with anything related. Either way, I checked. Am I missing something here or should I just assume its the fuel pump going bad?? To add, the plugs are good as well as the wires ( but I dont see why that would cause popping on decel or a continuously running pump) I appreciate all the help I can get!!

I know that on my 09 King, the fuel is turned of on a Big decell. A good thing HD did.

Might your bike Not have this feature or does it? I don't know...

Have you sprayed carb cleaner/or un-lited propane torch around the intake manifold to motor while engine is running to see IF it has a leak there.?

Change in running there while doing this test means a Leak. Tight bolts DON'T mean No leak...

Air coming around these gaskets would cause this popping.

Try that and get back here.

signed....BUBBIE

Sorry, I neglected to say that I tried that trick. No change
WAP.gif

If it is like you said,,,,,All of the sudden, Could the tuner you have, been disconnected or Tampered with?

Could they? (some one) have TAKEN your unit?

Sure sounds like the SE Tuner is NOT producing the way it did before the clutch job... Hmmmmmmmm

signed....BUBBIE

I had a screaming eagle pro tuner on my '06 UC. In the the program there was a table to change the Decel gas function if I remember correctly.You would have to have the program on you lap top to view it.Out of the Blue is confusing though.
tourbox

Yes, out of the blue is interesting, but the tuner is connected and ok. I think it may be the fuel pump. I can hear it running over the sound of the bike

You say your tuner is connected? My SEPST was a means of changing the ECM download,re-map it, through a program on laptop.It connected to the ECM by way of the Data port with an Orange dongle.Once you re-mapped you Removed the dongle.Nothing was left on the bike. I must be confused on the type of Screaming Eagle Tuner you have.
tourbox

Very interesting. I didn't know that. I use a power commander on my bike. He has the screamin eagle tuner. I'll do some further research
WAP.gif

What do the plugs look like. that will be the first place to show what is going on internally. Can you take the tuner off and run it?

Took the plugs out and they look ok...seems like shes running lean...He did have the battery disconnected for some time, so I am going to try and hook up his interface tuner module again and re-load the info. Problem is, I dont have the software for my computer and am having issues finding it online....Anyone have it? The tuner is part number 32114-01A

Back