free website stats program 2007, 2008, 2009 Dynas | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007, 2008, 2009 Dynas

I actually wanted to check out the Road King Classic. Really liked the look, was a little leary of the size for handling and quickness.

Couldn't talk the wife into even considering it though. She thinks it looks like quote, "an old man's bike". I don't agree with that and have seen some really nicely tricked out RKCs, but there it is. Not to mention me being in my 50's, so what's wrong with an old man's bike?

So I ended up going full circle -- started out drooling over the Super Glide Custom, went through a RKC phase, Heritage Classic and Fatboy phases, and now back to the FXDC. Or Low Rider, depending on what I can find. Nice things about the Low Rider -> the tach, and not sure I want the spoke wheels and tube tires that I assume come on the FXDC.

One thing is we realized after spending time on rented softails was that our long range touring will be in the truck, and around town and more local touring on the bike. THat's our current plan anyway. Our 'current plans' often have a way of going out the window though. Could very well end up with a bagger some day.

My buddy just picked up an 07 Street Bob yesterday. I rode it home for him and I must say I was very impressed. It handles very well and is really comfortable. The bike only has 3000mi and he got it for less than 10 grand. It already had the stage 1 along with the V&H short shots. He too wants to ride 2 up, but I not sure if this is the bike for extended 2 up riding. Whatever you do, get one that you will be able to enjoy solo or 2 up.

That sounds like just what I'm looking hoping to find -- something with 3-5,000 miles on it for under $10,000. I have seen some with 400 miles on them and 3-4 years old. I'd be leary of a bike that may have sat for two years without being ridden at all. And if I can go used for under 10K, that will leave some for customizing.

Did he buy it on ebay, or Craigs List?

welcome aboard,
i highly recommend ebay. the deals are incredible now, even if you have to travel to pick it up.
the best thing is if there is any add ons that you get to reap the benefits

Jimmy,
I traded in my Fat Bob (FXDF) last fall (09 with 3700 miles). Dealer re-sold it within 2 weeks. I had put the HD bags, windshield and cycle shack pipes on it for about $1000 in extras and it still had over a year left on warranty. He sold it for $14000. The bike really handled well and was fun to ride, plus was already set up for 2 up riding(needs a back rest for passenger though). The Fat Bob would also be a good choice. Take one for a test ride and you will be impressed with it.

Yeah, I love the big tire look of the Fat Bob. And hear it handles maybe the best of all the Dynas. I'm just not sure about the double head light. I guess you could modify that to a single if you wanted though. That one would sure be worth a test drive. My problem is I like all of them!

Pretty much agree with all the above. My suggestion is go "new" mainly because you get the new "helical" cut 5th gear gears. I was told repeatedly (and I beleive it) that the 5th gear whine is not hurting anything but it made me crazy on my '06 FXDCI. If noises like that bother you "go new"

Back