free website stats program 2006 Super Glide Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Super Glide Noise

dmead12

I have a 2006 Super Glide that is making a noise when you are sitting at a light and stop with the bike in netural. You pull the clutch in and the noise stops does anybody know what this might be it has 23,750 miles on it just got bike from ohio bike week.

Thanks For Your Help!!

I have a 2006 Super Glide that is making a noise when you are sitting at a light and stop with the bike in netural. You pull the clutch in and the noise stops does anybody know what this might be it has 23,750 miles on it just got bike from ohio bike week.

Thanks For Your Help!!
Its you inner primary bearing. Call the MOCO and explain the noise, It will be covered by the MOCO. There was a letter sent out by them that says they will replace the bearing every 15k. Mine went out at 12k, others have had there's go out several times. Dont rely on the dealer to get things moving on this cause they will just say its a normal sound and they will allso tell you they have never heard of this problem even though they have replaced several of them.

Thanks For Your Help!!

Your description sounds exactly like the symptoms for the infamous Inner Primary Bearing failure. This issue has haunted the 06 and many 07 Dynas.

Some owners have had the bearing replaced at their dealer at no cost. I was one of those. I bought my 06 Dyna used in the beginning in 2007. In 2006, Harley recognized the issues with these bearings and sent the dealers a letter which was to be given to new owners at the time of purchase. I was able to obtain a copy of this letter which stated Harley would replace the IPB as part of regular maintenance at 15,000 mile intervals and at no cost to the customer.

When my bearing failed at 13,000, the bike was three weeks out of warranty. I presented the letter to the service manager (who was unfamiliar with the letter) at my dealer and the repair was covered. I know others have also had their's covered. But, there are some who have not.

A few months after Harley wrote the first letter, they created a second letter stating that the replacement of the bearing was no longer necessary. I also had a copy of the second letter, but chose not to show that on to my dealer.

Hope this info helps. If you would like a copy of these letters, please click here and request them via e-mail.

I called 2 dealers and they said that they never seen a paper that states it will replace the primary bearings @ 15,000 miles.

I called 2 dealers and they said that they never seen a paper that states it will replace the primary bearings @ 15,000 miles.
Dealers will allways say that. Call the MOCO customer service and tell them whats going on. (414) 343-4056

The service manual for the 2006 Dyna says that the bearing and race are to be replaced as part of the 15000 mile service. I found mine was bad at 9700 miles when I took apart my alternater to weld the screws. I mentioned the bearing to the dealer I bought the bike from. He said he knows nothing.

Back