free website stats program 2006 Streetbob fuel unit removal | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Streetbob fuel unit removal

ramprat

Haven't been here in quite awhile. Wondering if anyone has removed the fuel unit assembly from their ride. I have a 2006 StreetBob and have removed the tank and fenders for paint. I'm a little leary about removing the unit. Have seen some videos that show a cantalever that you have to depress to get the unit out. Could use any advise anyone may have. Thanks

You will have to push the assembly slight forward, then turn and lift clockwise to get the assembly out of tank, Do you have a manual?

You will have to push the assembly slight forward, then turn and lift clockwise to get the assembly out of tank, Do you have a manual?

Got a manual didn't notice instructions for that I'll look. Assuming I need to put new gasket for reverse install and new screws?
WAP.gif

Got a manual didn't notice instructions for that I'll look. Assuming I need to put new gasket for reverse install and new screws?
WAP.gif

Indeed, use new screws with the washers or you may have a leak when done:D

Jack got the plate off.dilema now is how to disconnect 2 in tank fuel lines. Manual says depress tabs...easier said than done. Tool for this??
WAP.gif

2 screw drivers or strong finger pressure

Back