free website stats program 2006 street Glide no radio-HELP | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 street Glide no radio-HELP

Frank

my radio just stopped playing one day after the warranty expired, ran radio internal diagnostic and have code 2017 open speakers, checked eveything I could think of but no signal is being transmitted to any of the speaker terminals. cant get anyone to repair or even to look at the unit they all say the same even harmon-Kardon only HD can replace the unit thats the lock on the market.anyone have any info.
other than no sound the radio acts normal,all controls respond.

Thanks

Screw Harley and buy an aftermarmarket radio. Probably cheaper than repairing and most likely a better unit

Have you checked the connections on the back of the radio and the harnesses?

Talk to your dealer, some decent ones out there will slip it through on warranty.

Hi Frank, I have exactly the same problem (also it happens to me just a days after the warranty expired).

Some friend just posted some about the "open speaker"; you will find my post serching with the following: "NO SOUND on the stereo Harman Kardon (STREET GLIDE 06)"

I'm going to find out!

I have the same problem with my 2008 Street Glide. I layed it down in April, and the difference between totaling it and not totaling it was the radio. Shortly after all the repairs were made, the new fairing was put on, that's when the radio went on the fritz. I only got about 17,000 miles out of it. (I commute on it).

The dealer wants to pull it out and ship it to the manufacturer for the repairs, I'm figting with them because I don't want it removed until another one is in hand. What should I do?

The dealer wants to pull it out and ship it to the manufacturer for the repairs, I'm figting with them because I don't want it removed until another one is in hand. What should I do?

If this is being covered under warranty,the dealer should be able to order a replacement before removing yours.
This what a dealer did for me.

Sorry to raise this from the dead silence, but I have been having the same problem with no warranty left. Has anyone had this repaired or any ideas as to what it might be? B2017 Open Speaker Error is making me :newsmile042:.
Thanks

Back