free website stats program 2006 Street Bob vs. All the following Years | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Street Bob vs. All the following Years

I am coming from a Ducati before I bought the 06 Street Bob, and while it is a whole different riding experience all together, I would not dare to say the bob is sluggish :)

It surprises me every time I go for an overtake or rip it open in a straight line..

Never heard of this issue, as a new 06 Streetbob owner, I am very interested in knowing if this is a common problem with the 2006 models or if it was just a "fluke".

Thanks for the reply.

How about the rotor issue that bigfoot mentioned? Has he ever had that issue?

Bigfoot, any idea of the cost to replace/update the rotor to avoid that problem?

Never heard of this issue, as a new 06 Streetbob owner, I am very interested in knowing if this is a common problem with the 2006 models or if it was just a "fluke".

Thanks for the reply.

It is a well documented problem specific to the 2006. Ask your dealer, they may replace for a reduced rate if you bought your bike from them. For the purposes of repair HD has replaced this rotor with a welded unit.

Here are a couple posts on the topic.

2006 Rotor (Alternator) problems

2006 Stator and Rotor (alternator) replacement due to failure

Oh. And YES. My rotor threw all 8 bolts under normal use. They shredded the Stator. I'm very lucky that is all the damage that was done. HD replacement parts in Canada were $600 plus 4.5 hours labour.

Back