free website stats program 2006 road king w/2011 streetglide mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 road king w/2011 streetglide mufflers

gjeffers

my son just purchased a set of samson slip-ons for his 11 street glide and i was thinking that his old mufflers may sound good on my 06 since they have no baffels in the muffler. yea or nay guys?

The converter should be in the head pipe not the mufflers. Still, give it a try.

yes, that was my thought since his converter was in the head pipe and mine are in the muffler it may sound good. ill let you know.

put them on and they sound great at 93db they are plenty loud. will find out about fuel mileage saturday on a trip to death Valley. around town i noticed no power loss. A real good deal at $0

well i road tested them and under ideal conditions from Tonopah Nv to Beatty Nv (95mi) it took 1.9 gal which was 50 mpg. then on the 2nd leg i went from Ridgecrest Ca up over Walker pass and then back to Beatty Nv (196mi of very mountainous roads) and took 4.6 gal which was 42.6 mpg. before the change this was much lower mpg of approx 38 low and 44 high. no power loss noticed at all.

Back