2006 Road King Engine Light

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bobbeidel, Oct 12, 2010.

  1. bobbeidel

    bobbeidel Active Member

    148
    26
    0
    When riding last weekend the engine light came on and stayed on until stopping. The next morning the following occurs. Ignition switch ON, the engine light ON, then engine light OFF. After about 5 - 10 seconds the enging light comes back ON and stays ON for about 5 secs. After that light does not come back ON. This happens whether I start the engind or not!
    Bike seems to run fine! Any suggestions or questions about what's happening?? THANKS
     
  2. Hoople

    Hoople Account Removed

    7,198
    0
    34
  3. bobbeidel

    bobbeidel Active Member

    148
    26
    0
    I will try the test you suggested to see what comes up. Thanks Glider!!
     
  4. bobbeidel

    bobbeidel Active Member

    148
    26
    0
    Okay, Glider, please don't go away. The code that came up is P1357 Intermittent Secondary Front EFI. What does that mean and what would you suggest I check?

    Thanks -- Bob B
     
  5. Hoople

    Hoople Account Removed

    7,198
    0
    34
    It's an Honor to be called Glider but I am not the Legend. I wish I knew as much as Glider has forgotten.....

    But as for your problem code P1357 intermittent front secondary EFI... I would change the plugs and spark plug wires. Clear the codes using the earlier supplied link. Ride the bike and see if the code(s) come back. You have about an 80% chance those parts will eliminate that code. You can't go wrong having new plugs and wires in the bike. If it reappears,,, come back for more info on the remaining 20%.
     
  6. bobbeidel

    bobbeidel Active Member

    148
    26
    0
    Thanks Hoople. I was responding to Glider on he HDtalking site, sorry. I have cleared the code and riding the bike -- so far, the condition has not occurred again. I did check the plugs, i.e. removed wires and check tightness of everything but did not change plugs or wires. If it comes back I will do that. I did put in a new battery - old one was original battery I believe so needed replaced anyway. Thanks again and I will let you k now if problem occurs agiain. at least I have learned about the diagnostic system and how to read it!!!
     
  7. R. Lewis

    R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

    2,183
    48
    5

    Huh???
     
  8. sprinklerfitter669

    sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

    982
    0
    6
    I am confused
     
  9. Hoople

    Hoople Account Removed

    7,198
    0
    34
    I think all the confusion happens because when Bobbeidel clicked on the link I posted about the codes, it starts out with Gliders name and owner of the document. Honest misunderstanding.
     
  10. bobbeidel

    bobbeidel Active Member

    148
    26
    0
    Exactly. Thanks again Hoople.