free website stats program 2006 Heritage stalls when shifting into first | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Heritage stalls when shifting into first

twescott

2006 Heritage, heavy duty oil pump, SE204 cam, stage 1 and screaming eagle pipes. Bike has always run great until last summer when it started stalling out when down shifting into first and occasionally it will surge when you pull in the clutch. Harley said it was dirty fuel injectors so we replaced them ($700+) and we use injector cleaner in every tank. And it still does it. Going down the road it's great. Any experience or ideas?

2006 Heritage, heavy duty oil pump, SE204 cam, stage 1 and screaming eagle pipes. Bike has always run great until last summer when it started stalling out when down shifting into first and occasionally it will surge when you pull in the clutch. Harley said it was dirty fuel injectors so we replaced them ($700+) and we use injector cleaner in every tank. And it still does it. Going down the road it's great. Any experience or ideas?
Welcome to The Forum, have you checked for stored codes yet Harley Davidson Forums

Does it do it more when it's fully warmed up, or both hot and cold? It could be a dirty IAC (idle air controller). I think there is a procedure in the self help tips for cleaning it. If not, I have it.

Does it do it more when it's fully warmed up, or both hot and cold? It could be a dirty IAC (idle air controller). I think there is a procedure in the self help tips for cleaning it. If not, I have it.
Thanks. I'll check out the self help.

I just looked in the self help and couldn't find it. Here's my version:
Remove your air filter element and look in the throat of the throttle body. Just in front of, and also behind the butterfly, are small holes at 12:00 position. Squirt some throttle body and air intake control cleaner (formerly called carb. cleaner) into the hole. If you stuff a white rag into the throttle body, you will be able to see the black stuff that comes out of the hole behind the butterfly, and it also keeps the cleaner from running into the cylinders. Use the throttle friction screw to hold the butterfly open. Just behind the butterfly and at the 10:00 position is the IAC pintle. A couple good squirts of cleaner with the key on, and then again when shut off after 10 seconds will clean out any residue. That fixed my stalling at stop lights problem a couple of years ago.
Don't forget to remove the rag from the throttle body!

Back