free website stats program 2006 Heritage Front Brake Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Heritage Front Brake Problem

kh0027

When my mechanic changed the handle bars, for some unknown reason it created a front brake problem. When the bike is off, I have full brake. As soon as I move it, or start it, I have absolutely no brake unless I pump it 3 or 4 times, then have full brake again. We have bled the lines, changed master cylinder, lines, calipers, re-bled, re-bled and re-bled, to no avail. I asked online experts, who suggested my rotor was warped, but that isn't the case. I've had two mechanics trying to figure it out and they're absolutely stumped, especially because I can have full brake, hold the lever in, and when I start it, lose the brake. Any suggestions? I rode out to Sturgis this way. A little tricky on Needles!

my vote is for air in the line. If you had your bars changed then my guess is you had your brake line changed, so unless you have a defective brake line (which I doubt because I would think that you would see it leak if it was bad) then you have air in your line. If your trying to bleed you brake line with out a power bleeder your gonna be fighting it for a while. :s

Oh and by the way I'd find a new Mechanic. Brakes can be a pain but.........

Back