free website stats program 2006 Electra Glide, Too expensive ? Suggestions Please | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Electra Glide, Too expensive ? Suggestions Please

Hi Ya'll,

I bid on an auction for a Police Bike 2006 Harley FLHTPI for $7000 . The bike has 70,000 miles... Yes 70000 and says that it was well maintained and used up until few weeks ago.
I have not paid for it yet and was thinking if I should go ahead with the payment. Do you feel the price of $7000 for a 2006 Harley FLHTPI is more ?
First time Harley rider, need your help. . PIcs attached. I am in a position that apart from the pics and the conversation with the guy who is incharge I havent seen the bike in real.

The person informs that the Bike was assigned to an officer and he took good care of it.

I've seen some great buys on police bikes.They had some 1 yr. old bikes with low miles at a dealer near me,last year.They were about 12 grand.Or about 5 grand less than brand new.But if 7 is where you want to be,I'd say look in the kelly blue book.There's one for bikes,it's fairly accurate.Those miles will be a big deduct.

06 still had the old style cam tensioners unless upgraded, can you verify this before you buy it?

I've seen some great buys on police bikes.They had some 1 yr. old bikes with low miles at a dealer near me,last year.They were about 12 grand.Or about 5 grand less than brand new.But if 7 is where you want to be,I'd say look in the kelly blue book.There's one for bikes,it's fairly accurate.Those miles will be a big deduct.

The KBB says retail price is around $9000 and trade in value is around $6.5K...

I am unsure of this info, nothing is mentioned in the auction about the same. Is there a way to verify from the VIN number/details.

No, but the service records should show this, It would be a BIG plus if they have been changed better yet if they were upgraded to the 07 style

06 still had the old style cam tensioners unless upgraded, can you verify this before you buy it?

this is a good point i have a 05 RKP and had to have them done at 18,000 miles and it can cost a few bucks....ok more than a few...:small3d026:

don't want to say a whole lot on the price of your bid, however don't worry if you don't get it there is some great deals all you have to do is keep looking.

The KBB says retail price is around $9000 and trade in value is around $6.5K...
Those numbers pertain to a bike with less than 40K on the
bike.
You have to figure an amount per mile to point it down.Or figure what year a bike should be with 70k on it,and see what they go for.

this is a good point i have a 05 RKP and had to have them done at 18,000 miles and it can cost a few bucks....ok more than a few...:small3d026:

don't want to say a whole lot on the price of your bid, however don't worry if you don't get it there is some great deals all you have to do is keep looking.

Thanks.. I won that auction... Just deciding if I show buy it or not ? :small3d026: All that site does if I dont buy is ban me from auctioning with them :):)

No, but the service records should show this, It would be a BIG plus if they have been changed better yet if they were upgraded to the 07 style

I was able to find the service records only till 35K and it was not in them. so no way of knowing either :wall

Back