free website stats program 2006 Dyna Electrical problem/eratic idle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Dyna Electrical problem/eratic idle

Here's another thought... Check the wires on each injector connector, sometimes they'll come loose in the connector itself & cause simular problems.

Well, today I gave in and stopped by the local dealer and discussed my issue. Not a bad experience as they offered to hook the Harley diagnostic machine and check the inputs and outputs. Then I would have the choice in letting them fix it or doing it myself. So, I made an apt for Sat. Went back to work and read each of the suggestions you guys made. I figured I would give this one more try. Came home pulled the tank and disassembled and reassembled each connector I could reach. Not finding anything I put it back together thinking to myself "God Help with the dealer". Just for kicks I cranked her up to put her in the trailer. To my surprise after 5 min the idle was still stable and no Engine light. So after a few more minutes I decided to chance a test ride. No problems. Bike ran like a champ. I kept expecting the thing to take off or die. Never did. Pulled back in the garage, shut her down. Went on and did a few things, came back and started her back up. Idle was fine but I had a eng light. Pulled a P505 code which is IAC code. Cleared it and headed out for a longer ride. 30 miles and back. No problems. Bike is running fantastic. No more surging or popping either as it did with the fuel pak. I can't tell you what I did but it must have been a loose connection like HarryB347 said. Anyhow, Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I may keep the dealer date just to see what the diagnostic spits out. I plan on riding to work tomorrow. Good to be back on the Harley! :)

Code was P0505

Replaced it over a week ago. I cleaned the old one and it worked for about a week. Then I replaced it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it worked out and I hope it stays that way for you. Bad connections can be a nightmare sometimes.

Back