free website stats program 2006 Deluxe poor fuel mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 Deluxe poor fuel mileage

Hello all my bike is getting barely 30 miles to the gallon its bone stock with just over 2000 miles, I am a moderate rider and have been riding a while on various bikes, I know ride style will have alot to do with fuel economy but I think that I would have to be dogging it pretty hard to get such poor mileage any suggestions

Your location says high desert.What is your elevation above sea level?Does your riding regularly involve drastic elevation changes?What year is your bike and how old is your air filter?

the bike is a 2006 i believe elevation is around 2500, not alot of elevation change weather has been cold but not drastic air filter is brand new

Scionracer...30 mpg sounds pretty poor...are you sure your odometer is accurate and from your name do you use hard acceleration as part of your riding "style"? Look for evidence of rich A/F mixture or fuel leak...may want to carefully inspect fuel lines for leaks as well, especially in the tank housing.

Last edited:
Plugs sound about right. In self help area it tells you how to check for codes.

Something does not sound right. Other than poor gas mileage, everything else is ok.

not sure of odometer will check it tomarrow, as for the hard acceleration the name was a joke as scions are the slowest vehicles on earth LOL, but if anything like I said i am probably to easy on her, i will take her out in the AM and check plugs fuel lines and odometer thanx to all

Just thought of something. Even if you have no codes present, it is possible the engine temp sensor is "stuck cold" meaning the ECM never releases the engine to go closed loop. It is always in warm up mode or choke mode...

Check it,, check it.. check it..

not sure what the problem is but I get 40 mpg around town usually sometimes 45 on the highway . Sometimes a little less in the winter but never below the high 30's.

Mabe you should get the bike put on a dino your mpg does sound low .I have a 2008 fb with the 110 big bore kit along with v+h bigshot staggerd,SE big sucker AC and the SE pro race turner and im getting 38 mpg. The bike dinos at 100hp 108tq

Back