free website stats program 2006 883 or 883L? | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 883 or 883L?

Uthorn

Hey all,

As of yesterday, I am a happy owner of a 2006 Sportster!!! I had been wanting one for a long time, and couldn't pass up the sweet deal for $4500 with only 2500 miles... (haven't rode in 23 years)

The previous owner (an elderly chap) said it was an 883 standard with no alterations except mufflers, but when I measured the rear shock distance from eye to eye it was 11.75". Is that the stock size for the 883 or 883L? Also the front suspension seems shorter as well (Anyone know the standard and low size?). The strange thing is the seat looks like it is the 883 standard (from comparing pictures on the internet).

I'm not complaining because I'm only 5'9" and it fits me perfect! Just would like to know if it's an 883 or 883L..

I'll post pictures soon...

Thanks for your help!

Hey all,

As of yesterday, I am a happy owner of a 2006 Sportster!!! I had been wanting one for a long time, and couldn't pass up the sweet deal for $4500 with only 2500 miles... (haven't rode in 23 years)

The previous owner (an elderly chap) said it was an 883 standard with no alterations except mufflers, but when I measured the rear shock distance from eye to eye it was 11.75". Is that the stock size for the 883 or 883L? Also the front suspension seems shorter as well (Anyone know the standard and low size?). The strange thing is the seat looks like it is the 883 standard (from comparing pictures on the internet).

I'm not complaining because I'm only 5'9" and it fits me perfect! Just would like to know if it's an 883 or 883L..

I'll post pictures soon...

Thanks for your help!
WELCOME to HDT... Good no. 1 post....

I think it will state the model IF 883L on the frame neck IF it is a factory Low..

No I don't know how to do it.... Lucky to remember that.. Others will chime in here..

Great find and a good price... I have a 06 1200 R that is a nice bike..

Remember You can build it into a 1200 and make a MONSTER out of the Little Devil 883...:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

Type the VIN number in the GOOGLE search area. When I was shopping around for used bikes that gave me the info on what the bike actually was. It may not work all the time but it's worth a shot. Enjoy the sporty!!!! Love mine.

Congrats on the new to you Sporty - the 883L will have pullback bars & 26" seat height, but I believe the shocks are 11.5"...yours sounds like std 883. Either way - ride safe!

Thanks All,

Just checked carfax and it's an 883 standard.. 5 years must have relaxed the shocks a bit to give it that lowered look... sweet!

Back