free website stats program 2005 to 2002 throttle sensor volt difference | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 to 2002 throttle sensor volt difference

relxn88

I'm putting an ECM from a 2005 dresser on a 2002 dresser and I see where the voltage for the throttle position sensor on the 2005 is .51 volts @idle, while the voltage reading for my 02 ecm is .40volts @ idle. My question is, do I have to replace my 02 throttle pos. sensor with a 2005 sensor and if not, what do I set the throttle position sensor voltage for after I replace the 2002 ecm with the 2005 ecm?
This is all assuming I can even get the 2005 ecm, to password relearn with my 2002 TSM.

I would go with the .52 that the ECM calls for. The earlier TPS switches were adjustable but the later ones aren't. Check to see if you can get some adjustment out of the 02 switch that is on the bike, maybe by modifying the tab that locates it. It's rather important to have the correct TPS settings being they effect all the out put of the ECM for fuel delivery, timing and other parameters. I doubt the replacement of the switch with an 05 would give you the proper setting anyway.

Your best bet would be to replace it with the proper year ECM.

Back