free website stats program 2005 Road King Runs Hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 Road King Runs Hot

yep........

Snap Crackle Pop... Mine occasionally gives out a BIG SNAP... Heat shields Properly adjusted (tight) Should produce these sounds...

Harley made a CD of the Tunes (noises) your new bike should PLAY... Got that CD FREE with the High Priced Receipt for buying new...lol.....

When you park in your ? garage After a Ride and Hear NO tinkles, Usually Means Your Heat Shields are NOT tightened UP properly...

Usually 2 or 3 audible tinkle/pops while COOLING should be a GOOD sign....

signed....BUBBIE

You guys, you have it all wrong. The reason the bike makes these noises is because it needs to be ridden more, alot more. I recomend that you fill the tank and open up the map, drop your finger down on it and ride to the smallest town to the left of your finger nail.
When you get there find a safe location to turn the bike off and walk away fast enough that you don't hear that noise because if you do you will have to start over.

You guys, you have it all wrong. The reason the bike makes these noises is because it needs to be ridden more, alot more. I recomend that you fill the tank and open up the map, drop your finger down on it and ride to the smallest town to the left of your finger nail.
When you get there find a safe location to turn the bike off and walk away fast enough that you don't hear that noise because if you do you will have to start over.
:):):);)
Best explanation yet.......

The different expansion rates of all the metals and the heat shields is what causes the ding ding ding IMO Go and tap on the exhaust pipes cold, I bet you hear a similar sound

Back