free website stats program 2005 flstni fuel gauge removal | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 flstni fuel gauge removal

twoup

How do I get the wiring off the gauge? Have it removed from tank but can't get any further. thanks. vince

Not sure I understand the question? If you look below the left side of the tank where the wires come out, just follow the wires to the plug and unplug conector #4, then release the pins from the conector and pull the wires up through the top of tank.
softailfuelguage.jpg

Not sure I understand the question? If you look below the left side of the tank where the wires come out, just follow the wires to the plug and unplug conector #4, then release the pins from the conector and pull the wires up through the top of tank.
softailfuelguage.jpg

Just curious, is the mate connector above a phantom located in the "tunnel" or in the isolated chamber in the tank?

Thanks Chopper, I am curious if anyone has retrofited a carb tank with a digital fuel guage like the one for 2007 up EFI models? I am thinking of adding one to my Sporty if it is not too crazy an idea. Sorry, I hijacked this thread a bit, as the kit is for newer EFI equipped Sportsters...but may be an option if the mastercylinder/covers are compatible (DOT5 Silicone fluid in my 2004 Sportster.

tn97s3.jpg

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Last edited:
Back