free website stats program 2005 Dyna...need info on noise... | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 Dyna...need info on noise...

slayer

I am new to the Harley scene and want to know if the noise I am hearing is normal. It makes a rattling noise which seems to be coming from inside the primary cover and at the front of it. Very noisy when firtst fired up then it seems to be calm down when it is warm. It is definately coming from inside somewher though. So my question is what could it be and is it perhaps normal?

Help!

i'm say its the tensioner mine did the exact same thing couple of years ago (nut backed of the adjuster)now i'm thinking his has the automatic adjuster so maybee its just not working at all?

Don't have a clue what it could be but might suggest trying to connect with someone with a similar bike for their opinion or to listen to their bike when it is cold.

Old shade tree mechanic trick is to get a dowel rod, wooden yard/meter stick or a piece of broom handle. Touch it to different parts of the bike while holding it up to your ear and it acts sort of like a stethoscope. If nothing else it might help you pinpoint where it is coming from. May not tell you anything but the price is right.

Back