free website stats program 2003 Turn signal ? | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Turn signal ?

DaveS34

The other day I drove my wife's 883 and when I turn on the turn signals they cancelled out before I turned. I am new to posting and is this a problem? If so what could be the problem?

My 93 sportster always did the same as it counts the distance then goes off the same distance every time i pulled the signal wire from the speedo to stop it self cancelling
Now i have to remember to cancel it my big twins seem to be a lot better at cancelling at an appropriate time but the sportster system is not so sophisticated

Brian

Hold the button a bit longer as this should give it more time to flash

My 93 sportster always did the same as it counts the distance then goes off the same distance every time i pulled the signal wire from the speedo to stop it self cancelling
Now i have to remember to cancel it my big twins seem to be a lot better at cancelling at an appropriate time but the sportster system is not so sophisticated

Brian

What wire do you pull? I'm fed up with them cancelling just before I make a turn.

What wire do you pull? I'm fed up with them cancelling just before I make a turn.

As i remember it is the green wire in the block of wires at the tsm it is under the seat on the left side of the bike
i think i used a pin to hold back the tabs holding the pin in place and pulled it out of the connector block, a wee bit of tape round the end just keeps it safe and i can just pop it back in whenever i need to

Brian

Back