free website stats program 2003 Road King Missing @ 2300rpms | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King Missing @ 2300rpms

I have a 2003 Road King FI that was running rough for a while. Brought it in and had the intake seals and breather tubes replaced. It has has a PCIII so I had it put on the Dyno at the same time.

It runs 100% better but still misses at 2300 rpms regardless of the gear. It has also developed a noise when I downshift that sounds like a quick whistle from the front left side if the engine. It also happens when I quickly release the throttle. The harder the downshift the louder the whistle. It is very short and sharp but difinatly there.

Any thoughts on either of these issues?

It has also developed a noise when I downshift that sounds like a quick whistle from the front left side if the engine. It also happens when I quickly release the throttle. The harder the downshift the louder the whistle. It is very short and sharp but difinatly there.

As a quick test before doing as Hobbit suggests, I saw a suggestion that Glider posted on another potential exhaust leak problem. With some beefy gloves or even a thick wad of rags, cover the exhaust pipes to see if you can hear an exhaust leak. Just do this momentarily, not for a long period. This may not localize the leak for you, but if you get the same (although faint at idle) noise or another noise that sounds like a leak it will confirm the problem and reinforce the need to find that as opposed to a different problem.

TQ

Back