free website stats program 2003 Road King HPI start/run issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King HPI start/run issues

I installed the new battery this morning, held my breath and pressed the start button.....without hesitation the motor turned over and I was listening to the steady potato potato potato.....what a wonderful sound...haha. It was the battery all along. That is the good news. I got the bike out, put on the leathers and pushed, pulled, coaxed it though the snow to the clean pavement of the county road and it was off to the shop for an inspection. The bike passed with no problem. I fired it up to leave and tried to put it into first gear....no such luck. The shift lever stripped. :shock It is now in the shop for replacement of a 21 dollar part and a couple hundred labor.....but at least it broke at the shop. BTW - the check engine light and rough run issues disappeared with the new battery too. Thanks once more to all. :D

Good to hear you got it going. You could've fixed that shift lever too you know? Many here have used the Better :ever to fix theirs.

Bodeen

A bad battery will definitely cause those issues. The electronic fuel injection needs the appropriate voltage to operate properly. My 03 FLHT ran into this last year after sitting through winter storage without a trickle charge. Good luck with the new (to you) ride.

Back