free website stats program 2003 road king flashing headlight and running lights | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 road king flashing headlight and running lights

classic03

I don't ride a lot in the evening but noticed this evening as I was riding home
about 25 miles, headlight and running lights kept flickering in and out .
This is not the first time I have had an issue with this problem. Just put a new headlight on about six months ago. Sounds like a short in the wiring but I don't have a clue where to start. Any way to pinpoint this at all. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx, Classic03

I don't ride a lot in the evening but noticed this evening as I was riding home
about 25 miles, headlight and running lights kept flickering in and out .
This is not the first time I have had an issue with this problem. Just put a new headlight on about six months ago. Sounds like a short in the wiring but I don't have a clue where to start. Any way to pinpoint this at all. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx, Classic03

Always start at the source the battery and work your way to the lights via the switch and fuses

my 04 had a problem with that and turned out the tire had rubbed the wires bare under rear fender . might be worth a look ?

This is not the first time I have had an issue with this problem. Just put a new headlight on about six months ago. Sounds like a short in the wiring but I don't have a clue where to start.
Thanx, Classic03

JMO - I would start at the last mod done. You state that you put a new headlight in 6 months ago - Has the problem been there since this? Pull headlight out and check for a pinched / bare wire rubbing inside.Check your harness inside and out. Make sure your connections are clean and properly seated. Is your headlight bezel tight enough to keep the light from bouncing around and shorting out????????

I had the problem before I replaced the headlight. I also had a tail light go out but that was a blown fuse. I will try all your suggestions and let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for all the reply's,
Classic03

Back