free website stats program 2003 road king breaking down at mid to upper throttle range | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 road king breaking down at mid to upper throttle range

Re: 2003 rk rough running

With 3000 miles and your bikes age it could be all fuel tank related..Drain the tank remove the shut off valve, I bet it is clogged with debris as well the fuel tank. You may have to remove the tank and flush but might get lucky by doing this first. I use marvel mistery oil in all my bikes and vehicles. About 2-3 oz. per tank removes and keeps moisture and rust from forming in the tank and your engine will run great using it, keeps carbon from building up extends plug life and has been around for years and not snake oil (EDIT)! FYI also a great 3-1 oil for everything especially high heat areas since it dosen't burn off. Have fun!

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

I believe my problem is in the tank just gotta figure out how to get the pump and pick up outta the tank, it is supposed to turn 90 degrees and come out but no luck with that yet......

The trick is pressing down on the fuel pump, it's like a spring loaded latch, once you get that released it will come right out, the first time is the hardest.
Raise canopy slightly to access top fitting (inlet port) at back of fuel pressure regulator. Using a side cutters, cut hose clamp and remove convoluted tube. Exercise caution
to avoid cutting or damaging tube or dropping pieces of cut clamp into fuel tank
A spring-loaded hinge on the fuel pump bracket facilitates removal of the assembly. For best results, press down on top of fuel pump with end of screwdriver, and after raising canopy slightly, rotate on hinge in a counterclockwise direction. When canopy is at a 45° angle to top of fuel tank, carefully pull assembly from left side lobe of fuel tank.
Remove and discard canopy gasket. Verify that sealing devices from screws are not lodged in canopy holes. Remove and discard devices if present
Hope this helps.

does anyone know about a kreme tank liner kit i purchased one, but instructions say harley tanks are factory coated and part A acid etching will not work, do i need to glass bead inside of tank first?

I would not use it, can cause more problems then you ever imaged, I would just flush the tank out good and go for it, just my personal opinion.

Back