free website stats program 2003 road king breaking down at mid to upper throttle range | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 road king breaking down at mid to upper throttle range

i have a 2003 rk at mid to upper throttle it starts breaking down and spitting and sputtering replaced the crankshaft sensor and the fuel line assembly but still having the same issue. i looked at the front injector wire it doesnt appear to be broken but im not sure if maybe it is an internal break as this is said to be a serious problem with this year model, anyone have an idea the closest dealer is over an hour away from here...only have 3000 miles on it

ok ill do that

So it is only breaking down under a load in gear in neutral it revs up with no mis fire at all...........

Last edited by a moderator:
no dealer near here with a computer to check it for a code, checked inside the fuel tank no hissing or fuel spraying, tried to wiggle the front injector wire no change what puzzles me is it only acts up while driving about 20 mph in 1st gear 30 in second etc... max speed in 5th gear is about 53mph when it starts sputtering revs great in neutral......

2003 rk rough running

Still have a problem with my 03 rk checked fuel tank no leak checked front injector wires couldnt find a break i did trim it back and splice a new piece in checked both plugs and both are firing. Still breaking down at about mid throttle it seems to be about same area in the throttle in each gear and it seems that the exhaust in the left pipe is very cool compared to the right side need help.........

Back