free website stats program 2003 Road King Bar Suggestions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Road King Bar Suggestions

HERITAGE CLASSIC and RK HIGH HANDLEBARS

I am researching these bars to replace the 07 RKC stock bars. The part numbers, respectively, are 56623-99 ($70.00) and 55954-00 ($80.00), plus a switch extension connector, 70198-07, ($70.00) for the RK High HB. Spoke with a parts dealer here in Pensacola who explained the mod for the RK High HB is dependent upon the location of the stock connector. The Heritage Softail Classic requires no modification. About a two hour install at the dealer ($80.00 hour.) The Heritage seems to have a wider width and angled more. The RK High has a closer width. The dealer likes the RK High HB. He did say, the angle of the bar affects wrist position.

HERITAGE CLASSIC and RK HIGH HANDLEBARS

I am researching these bars to replace the 07 RKC stock bars. The part numbers, respectively, are 56623-99 ($70.00) and 55954-00 ($80.00), plus a switch extension connector, 70198-07, ($70.00) for the RK High HB. Spoke with a parts dealer here in Pensacola who explained the mod for the RK High HB is dependent upon the location of the stock connector. The Heritage Softail Classic requires no modification. About a two hour install at the dealer ($80.00 hour.) The Heritage seems to have a wider width and angled more. The RK High has a closer width. The dealer likes the RK High HB. He did say, the angle of the bar affects wrist position.

I'm thinkin I need all the width I can get. I am 6'0 and 260lbs. My shoulders are wider than average. Fox Creek Leather has been trying to fit me with a jacket for over a month now and we're still working at it.

Bodeen

I did the 56623-99 Heritage bars on my 05 RK. Had to tweak the front brake line slightly but no big deal. Other than that didn't have to change anything.
Made a 100% inprovement in comfort

Got my Heritage bars on today. Just as stated, No wiring or cable changes. The hardest part is getting the riser cover screw on and off from inside the nacelle cover. A little tweak of the solid brake line and its good to go.
Took a short ride and it seems better but much different because of hand height. I'll give it 1k miles or so and see what happens. So far the results are positive. Specially since the bars cost me $0.00.
Thanks to Glider (AGAIN!) and all the rest.

Be safe,

Bodeen

Back