free website stats program 2003 Night Train Fuel Gauge wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Night Train Fuel Gauge wiring

clarkwgriswald

I recently purchased a matching HD skull gas cap and LED fuel gauge. The existing fule gauge has 4 wires (2 black, 1 orange and 1 yellow), but the replacement only has 3 wires (black, orange and yellow). The fuel gauge is supposed to fit the EFI models and mine is the carburated model. Can anyone out there give any ideas on how to alter this so it can be wired properly? Can i simply wire the 2 black wires together or am I asking for trouble? This is my first Harley and I am far from a wiring expert... Thanks.

Mike in Vermont

Mike

Do you have the instructions for the unit or a factory manual?

How about a part number for the unit?

The gauge did come with very basic instructions.
I believe the part # is 75098-08, but I do not have access to the box it came in right now.

It says it is only comatible with EFI models, but I am hoping there is a way I can get it to work.

It sounds like the replacement is lacking one black wire then. I would hook it up similar to the stock gauge and see if it works like that. The extra wire on the stock gauge may be for the low fuel light.

The existing gauge has the black and orange wire going down though the tank and connected under the tank. It also has the yellow and another black soldered to the tank just under where the gauge sits in the tank. I ran the black and orange on the new gauge to the black and orange under the tank, and connected the yellow to the yellow and the led light does not work. I was thinking of connecting the 2 black wires together, but am nervous that I may blow the sensor.

the file is too big, but if you send me an e-mail to [edit] and give me an e-mail address to send it to, I will e-mail it back to you.

I am getting a message that I cannot post an e-mail account for some reason? the at is @

[Note by Speed]
Send the file to me,check your PM box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back