free website stats program 2003 Heritage won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Heritage won't start

adub1212

Here's what I get when trying to start.

No dash lights or sounds or anything when turned to Ignition and Run. Push start and zero....no lights or sounds at all.

When in ACCESSORY setting, there are dash lights.

When hooked up to jumpers, full dash lights, fuel pump starts up. Hit the Start button and weak attempt to turn over and then starter clicking.

Battery is two years old, no maintenance type. Not a super high quality battery but would hope it works well enough.

Wanted to run this thru the forum before I try new battery or trailer to the shop.

I am not a highly mechanically inclined type so your help is greatly appreciated.

Agreed. Battery is bad and check/clean all connections. Jump starting from a cage is not a perfect scenario either. When doing it you should NOT have the vehicle running.

I remember reading somewhere in a forum that there is somesorta contact points under the switch, inside the speedo housing thingy. They either get corroded or dirty, gezz I looked but don't know where I read that but from what I can recall some cleaning or replacement was the solution.
If I find the thread I'll post it, but I'm old and have a real short, short term memory. :p

Back