free website stats program 2003 Heritage front end Bang | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Heritage front end Bang

The SE racing is far too heavy, even the SE heavy duty (15wt) is marginally heavy. I tried it in my RK and was too stiff,it really stiffens up the front end. Went to 10 wt.

you're correct. I didn't measure the fluid that I took out however it seemed about the same in both and it did seem to be about the same amount I took out. I used harley fork oil. Probably a mistake. I wonder if that is the same 5 weight oil that I took out. Hey Glider, while I'm writing, do you know if Harley aftermarket rear lowering shocks for the 2003 Heritage that were put on the bike at the dealer when it was new are adjustable. Seems like im bottoming out in the rear also when I hit a bump. Im only 225 lbs. That shouldn't be overweight.

you're correct. I didn't measure the fluid that I took out however it seemed about the same in both and it did seem to be about the same amount I took out. I used harley fork oil. Probably a mistake. I wonder if that is the same 5 weight oil that I took out. Hey Glider, while I'm writing, do you know if Harley aftermarket rear lowering shocks for the 2003 Heritage that were put on the bike at the dealer when it was new are adjustable. Seems like im bottoming out in the rear also when I hit a bump. Im only 225 lbs. That shouldn't be overweight.

Nothing wrong with the HD 10wt but the 5wt is a bit too light for most bikes.

Fork Oil Weights - Harley Davidson Community

Most shocks are adjustable but the softails are a bit harder to adjust because of their location.

Back