free website stats program 2003 Heritage driveline vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Heritage driveline vibration

My softail is an evo one and is solid mounted and has vibration similar to yours mirrors blurry handlebars shaking etc
Replacing the riser bushes helped a wee bit as did replacing the handle bar grips and foot pegs with ISO (isolator) ones but it is what it is and does vibrate it is part of my bike's character

Brian

Yes the Harley shake is normal and actually one of the things I like, but he's describing something different. He's getting a shake at 40mph which aint right. He pulls the clutch and the shake goes away. Something else going on there

Since you say when you pull the clutch the vibration disappears I'm thinking your releasing the load on the clutch. I would look there first, could be something warped in the clutch system and should be an easy fix. If it was anything in the primary off the crank I'd think you'd have a problem at all speed and RPM. Warped pressure plate is my best guess. Also, for giggles, check the primary fluid, make sure you are topped off correctly

Back