free website stats program 2003 flstfi will not start | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 flstfi will not start

In I used inline spark tester with plugs in now it is sparking on both plugs for two or three sparks I sprayed gas in both plugs holes no fire. Also jumped pins 1 and 2 together no codes. I will keep trying just hate to take to Harley shop. Thanks for help. Will consider any suggestions. Resting for now watching truck race.

Does the bike have an aftermarket ignition module or stock? Any kind of aftermarket Fuel module or ECM?

No all parts came from HD. All is stock. I tried to get codes but nothing. I have run out of things to try the spark plugs are firing and I sprayed starting fluid in throttle body it will backfire but not start.

So both plugs are both firing all the time now? Earlier in the thread only one fired for awhile, then the other started. I would slow down on the starting fluid usage. Some is good but alot, not so much....

I unplugged my tp sensor tried to crank and then checked ecm to c if it would give DTC it did 11. It still will not start. I will check ac output on ckp tomorrow. Thanks for feedback.

Are your plugs getting wet after cranking for 10 seconds or so?

I may be fishing here but try cleaning the IAC.

How. Do you clean it. I watched it move in and then out after cutting ignition switch off.

HD03FXST010.gif

#12 use some carb cleaner thru the throat of the throttle body spray up into orifice, use rags inside throttle body run the snot out of it after a drying time to clear out any residue and check for codes

I finally received my electrical manual from the dealer. I checked my AC voltage from the meter using a VOM and the voltage was 5 to 6 volts ac on the CKP. I read the resistance and it was 1.5 megohms.The manual said it should read between 600 and 1200 ohms. There would be a spark on the rear and not the front. The new one read 977ohms and had a plastic cover that sits in front of the timing gear. The old one you could see a shiny metal that was right in the center. So guys if the coil and spark plug wires reads within tolerance check the resistance and the volts AC not DC. You can get under the bike and unplug the CKP or read it at the ECM. Do not doubt that the coil, spark plugs are wires are bad. I now have a spare ignition coil and wires.I do have the electrical manual and will download it for all to use. Thanks for all the help, and maybe this will save your BUTT one day.It never gave a DTC code. The scope showed me there was only one sigal and not two to fire the front plug.

So it was the CKP after all. Suspected it from the beginning. Glad you got it fixed.

Back