free website stats program 2003 flstfi will not start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 flstfi will not start

The coil is marked A for 12vdc, B- IS ionziation, C-is for one coil secondary voltage, D-is for the other coil. I can read C from both spark plug connectors is this right.I cannot read d to either high voltage side.

I pulled the injectors and hooked the supply line from tank and jumped each injector out with 12vdc and they sprayed good. There is still no spark on the front plug. I have a new coil what cpold be wrong please help.

Just because it's a new coil does not mean it's not faulty. Check as Jack suggested. Don't rule out a dead spark plug or a bad spark plug wire.

The coil is marked A for 12vdc, B- IS ionziation, C-is for one coil secondary voltage, D-is for the other coil. I can read C from both spark plug connectors is this right.I cannot read d to either high voltage side.

What make coil is this? This is a single fire system have you got the correct coil?

I bought new plugs wires and still has the same problem sometimes there is a spark, but will not fire. I checked the negative voltage that comes from the ecm and it about 8.9 volts and then the next time i try to start it it is zero. Looking at the schematic 12vdc starts from the circuit breaker goes to the ignition switch in the on position,goes thru the ignition fuse ,thru the run switch energizes the system relay this in turn puts power to the injectors, then goes thru the fuel pump fuse and energizes the fuel pump and provides 12vdc to the ignition coil. The system relay only stays energized for a second. If the spark plugs do not fire the start relay will not pick back up and shut fuel and spark off. After all this happens there is sometimes a spark on the rear plug but not the front. The next time their is no negative voltage from the ecm for either plug. What will cause this. Help for what shuts the system relay down. I ordered a electricial manual today but will not expect it for a week. Thanks for any help.

Did you carefully check all fuses?
When you turn on ignition is your fuel pump running for a few seconds?
You cleaned the CKP, but really haven't ruled it out as the culprit.
Your battery is good, right? What's the voltage while cranking?

Funny how a fuel problem is now an electrical problem....always go back to what was done/worked on last.

I would squirt some fuel directly into the cylinders and see if she pops.

All fuses good new battery.The system relay picks up for 1 second to fire injectors and fuel pump comes on. It must have to see ionization that there is ignition or the system relay will drop out. Only pulled the ckp and cleaned. Is there a way to bench test the coil with voltage. While cranking voltage about 10vdc. I cut the ecm wires to put my vom lead on it while starting. The voltage is not reading 12 vdc negative because reading thru injectors or fuel pump sending assembly, but when I crank it there is no 12vdc positive. I tried to bench test the ignition coil by putting 12vdc positive on A, and neg on C or D but no spark.I know the b is feedback for resistance when it fires. I will know much more how it works when I get my electrical manual.

Back