free website stats program 2003 flstfi will not start | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 flstfi will not start

It all started when I let my bike sit in garage way to long. The gas was low and turned to varnish. I had to buy new fuel pump assembly to get new sock filter. I also put in new injectors. It ran cranked for several times then quit. I replaced spark plugs and wasted money on a new ignition coil. There are no codes to flash.I ohmed out the plug wires and they are within specs. I sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body, but did not start.I do not want to take to dealer, so I am asking for help.

Sounds like its turning over via the starter. Is it getting fire to the plugs? Can you smell fuel? If no fire is present, you may pull the Crank Position Sensor, clean and inspect.

I only have spark when I leave one plug in and check the other one out and ground to frame. I checked the fuel pressure and it runs about 55. Today I will remove crank sensor. Thanks I will keep the post informed.

When you replaced the fuel pump did you also replace all the fuel lines including the corrugated one inside the tank?

yes u are talking about the clear corrugated hose. I am heading to garage to check spark again and if spark squirt some gas in spark plug holes and if it fires, i am going to pull injectors put 12 volts on them and c if they spray.

I pulled the crank sensor and cleaned it. I only have a spark on the rear spark plug, and not the front is this possible. I installed a new ignition coil.

I pulled the crank sensor and cleaned it. I only have a spark on the rear spark plug, and not the front is this possible. I installed a new ignition coil.

If the crank sensor is good I'd be looking at a bad plug, bad wire or a bad coil. That's the problem with electrical, it's a process of elimination.

I pulled the injectors and hooked the supply line from tank and jumped each injector out with 12vdc and they sprayed good. There is still no spark on the front plug. I have a new coil what cpold be wrong please help.

I pulled the injectors and hooked the supply line from tank and jumped each injector out with 12vdc and they sprayed good. There is still no spark on the front plug. I have a new coil what cpold be wrong please help.

Check the coil, you should not ground 1 plug with the newer HD ignitions, better to use a spark catcher
images

Back