free website stats program 2003 Electra Glide diag or computer issue. | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Electra Glide diag or computer issue.

leoks98

I own a 2003 Electra Glide police model with less than 20K on it.

For a few weeks I noticed that my engine warning light was coming on after start up, staying on for a few minutes and then going off for the rest of the time it was running. The bike ran a little rough at times, but it always started and never died or anything like that. I googled the problem and found that it was throwing a code. The site described a way to use a jumper wire with female spades on the data link connector to pull the codes. So I made the jumper with the female spades and then I tired it out.

I followed the steps, but I noticed that the red engine warning light wasn't coming on at all, so I turned the ignition off and back on. The light would still not come back on. When I flip the run switch from stop to run nothing happens. There is absolutely no noise from the injectors as there ususally is after switching to run, but prior to pushing start. The headlight, driving lights, oil light, brake light and the neutral light are all working properly. The turnsignals and/or hazard lights will not work. It will not turn over at all.

I have disconnected and reconnected all of the electrical connections under the right body panel. I disconnected and reconnect the battery thinking that might clear the problem. The battery is new and has plenty of juice. It almost seems like I tripped something with the DLC and the jumper, which is now not allowing it to even attempt to run. Like it went into some type of safe or non-start mode and is stuck there. I don't have a lot of electrical knowledge.

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

I followed the steps, but I noticed that the red engine warning light wasn't coming on at all,

Sounds like a fuse got blown. My manual shows you have at least 8 fuses. Take a look at them. You didn't say what steps you took in order to read the codes.
Data link cable does have a grd & B+. Maybe they got shorted and blew fuse.

Sounds like a fuse got blown. My manual shows you have at least 8 fuses. Take a look at them. You didn't say what steps you took in order to read the codes.
Data link cable does have a grd & B+. Maybe they got shorted and blew fuse.

Agree with Hoople here you should have ignition unless you have a blown fuse or Main breaker http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-729.html is this the diagnostics you used? And NO codes popped up?

Jack I looked at the link you posted and I used the same type of test with the jumper, but I dont believe I did the test the right way. I didn't see that the four posts inside of the data link were numbered until after I messed up. Once I find the problem causing the no start and fix it I will try the test again.

Thank you both.

Back