free website stats program 2003 deuce check eng light | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 deuce check eng light

I have a 2003 deuce and here lately when I accelerate hard the check engine light comes on and after a couple of minutes goes off. Then it comes on for a few seconds on start up. I ran it up to 85 today without the light coming on but everytime I accelerate hard it will come on even in 5th gear when passing and opening the throttle to full. I have not pulled any codes out yet but was curious if anyone else had similar problem. Thanks...LP

Last edited:
Try unplugging the PC and connect directly to the ECM and try again, it shouldn't make a difference but worth a try. Been a lot of problems with the PC's lately.

Just came back from town and I noticed the light does not come on except when I hold the throttle in 90%-100% range. If I back of the throttle just a little bit I can run up to 90 without the light coming on. I will also try disconnecting the pc. Thanks/////LP

Well things are getting a little stranger! I disconnected the pc and the first run no light and then second run light came on. Still no codes, I even cut into the wires behind the data link connecter and put jumper wire on, no difference. Anybody????????? Thanks....LP

You sure that you are doing the code sequence right? If the light lights and goes out, it's a historic code then and should show up.

I am jumpering terminals 1 and 2 which is the black wire and green with red tracer. I have tried it with handle bar switch on and off. I presume it should be in run position, nothing. I even tried the 2004 and up but that did not work either......Thanks...LP

if you can't figure out how to get the codes try changing your spark plugs and wires and see if you still get the codes. My bike's an '07 but it was doing the exact same thing you described, and new plug wires fixed it. Even if it doesn't fix it new Spark plugs and wires could never hurt.

Back