free website stats program 2002 sportster with fuel problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 sportster with fuel problem

sdriley

i have a 2002 1200 c - will not start and it has been setting for about 45 days
ran fine when i parked it . now it will not start - seems to be a fuel issue i can prime through intake and it will fire but not pick up and run . pulled the valve on the petcock and gas ran out . :(

i have a 2002 1200 c - will not start and it has been setting for about 45 days
ran fine when i parked it . now it will not start - seems to be a fuel issue i can prime through intake and it will fire but not pick up and run . pulled the valve on the petcock and gas ran out . :(

Is this carbed with a CV? If it is look between the cylinders at the carb you should see a screw, open it up and see if gas runs out on the ground under the bike. This is the float bowl screw, if gas is making it to the carb there should be some running out, if not the float and needle valve may be sticking. Modern gas has WAY too much alcohol in it to be sitting for any length of time Harley Davidson Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a vacuum line - - found a hole in it today - - tried the screw you suggested and no gas and before i tore into things i decided to check and see if anything was coming out of the petcock - then i found a hole in the bend on the vac line that opens the petcock valve and of course the line was fiddle string tight i installed a connector and added new line varoom sweet sound

Back