free website stats program 2002 Road King Stalls when Hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Road King Stalls when Hot

If I replace the 40 amp main fuse with a 50 amp should it be of the same type at the dealer or as some have suggested elsewhere a BUSS MAXI FUSE??? As for the location of the flashing lights, honestly when it stalls I'm engaged in not getting run down by cars. When the issue arises again and likely today I'll focus better on which lights are flashing.

You can usually find the 50 amp at any auto parts store. Just observe the polarity when replacing it. Gold and silver connections.

I replaced the breaker after confirming with an automotive electrician who applied an incremental load that the main 40 amp breaker was tripping prematurely and we witnessed the stall occur with as little as headlights and heated gloves. Replaced with 50 amp and problem solved. Rode 300 miles today up Mt. Rainier and no stalls. Many thanks to those who commented and led me from GRUMPY back to the biker promised land of HAPPY!

Back