free website stats program 2002 Heritage schematic | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Heritage schematic

kardar

Hello,

I need the electrical schematic for 2002 heritage. I have the owners manual but that doesn't have the electrical schematic.

I put a Stebel Nautilus horn on my bike but it keeps blowing the fuses. If I press the button for a short duration it is OK but if I hold it in there, it blows the fuse. Yes I got into situations where I needed to hold the horn button longer but everytime (3 times so far) I did that it blew the 30A fuse.

I have wired the horn with 10Ga wire along with the relay that came with the horn. An electricain friend at work suggested to check the Horn button for ground/short.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong ?

Thanks,
Kardar

Too much draw for the circuit it is on or a problem with the wiring or horn itself.

The Factory manual available from the dealer has the wiring schematics in it.

Thanks Glider,

I checked each page in the manual (English section) but no schematic. I have 2002 official factory manual part No 99469-021.
Unless I am loosing my eye sight :bigsmiley28:

Look in the back of the manual and look in the index too. They are in there in the factory repair manuals, not sure about where you are in other countries thou.

If I am understanding this, you are looking in the "Owner's Manual", and you are right, there are no wiring diagrams. You need a "Service Manual" - It has all of the wiring and it is only in English.

Take a close look at the horn relay. Does it have an internal protection diode (snubber) built into it?. If it does, it will blow the fuse if it is not wired with the correct polarity. The positive wire must go to the cathode of the diode.

If the positive wire is going to the snubber anode, it will blow the fuse within a couple of seconds.

A snubber is used to clamp the peak inverse voltages coming out of the relay during de-energizing. Keeps those voltages from damaging sensitive electronics.

Back