free website stats program 2001 wide glide carb with security no start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 wide glide carb with security no start

mr hoople i know you are the man on these problems and have read your post on other issues for last 3 days. do you think the key light staying on is saying the alrm is still set or the tssm could be bad.

Yes, I have seen that post. I may have even been the one who posted it. I have never found a way that consistently works.

You could self induce a code by removing some turn signal bulbs, then re-install the bulbs and try to clear that new code. It probably will remain.

on this bike the key light always stayed on over the years while i was riding it but never effected it starting or anything so i never looked into it.

do you think the key light staying on is saying the alrm is still set or the tssm could be bad.

No, a solid ON "key light" after 4 seconds has pasted just means a current DTC code is stored.

I guess if the TSSM was bad in a certain way, it could do the same thing. But that is far reaching.

Normally a solid light with the key ON (after 4 seconds) just means you have stored codes, 1 of which is a current code.

i love how harley can take a 2 cylinder air cooled motor and and all this electrical circuits and boxes to it and make matters more difficult than they need to be.

i've searched all over and have not found a topic of a dead starter button and no fire at coil, seen alot of just clicking noise from relay but my button does nothing, no relay click

i love how harley can take a 2 cylinder air cooled motor and and all this electrical circuits and boxes to it and make matters more difficult than they need to be.

This is a cake walk. Buy a 2012 and see what "new math" is on a different planet.

the switching on and off of the kill switch and getting it to crank up for a few seconds 3 times in about a minute and then not getting it to do than anymore is even more disturbing

lol i hear that, i bought a 2009 ultra classic and had a fob battery go dead so now i have 4 spare batteries in my pizza box.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've searched all over and have not found a topic of a dead starter button and no fire at coil, seen alot of just clicking noise from relay but my button does nothing, no relay click

So what was the result of the test I asked you to make in entry point 6 of this thread, paragraph # 5 second sentence.

Back