free website stats program 2001 road king tssm won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 road king tssm won't start

timba2u

Hi everyone,
This is my first post. My 01 road king with factory alarm started alarming when it wanted to, even though I didn't set it. This started right after She had a bath. No high pressure spray, but a little hose rinse. Any way I started with changing the 9volt in the siren. Good for three days, then the alarm went off at one am and four am. So today I try to short the datalink to check codes. I touched the wrong ones and got a spark. I drop by the dealer and pick up a TSSM. I installed it using the owners manual procedure to marry the fobs, and put the password in. The fobs work great, the turn signals work fine, the engine and sec. lights come on, then go off (engine light stays on after it won't start). Problem is the bike won't start. New codes are 23, and 32, F.R. injectors open/low? I checked the fuses, voltage on both sides, looked good by eye. I tried the old TSSM, still no go. Any ideas? Do I have to "marry" the new TSSM to the CPM? The security light goes out, the engine cranks, but no fire. I can hear the fuel pump. I'm bummed, please help.
Thanks, Bones

Welcome to The Forum Community Does this help?

Thanks Captian, This might hold the key. I saw this yesterday and tried it, however when it said the security light would come on after ten seconds, it did not come on. Any other ideas? I feel like I killed my girl.

Try this. Can't hurt. Remove the TSSM module and blow it out with air. Do the same to the plug. Replace the die electric grease on it and plug it back up. See it that helps. Had the same thing happen to me a month or so back. Had heavy fog for several days in the AM. Went to the shop and she was there flashing. Dried it and been fine since.

If you do have to go through the marrying process, timing is EVERYTHING! :) I know, I have been there. :s

Thanks guys, the tssm is one day old and the connection is dry as a bone. I was just in the garage and I tried the "shut off the alarm with out the fob" and it worked fine. When I tried to "marry" the tssm I got to the part were the security light was supposed to light up, but it didn't. I'm woundering is I fried somthing when I sparked the datalink? (thinking to myself "whats this goning to cost me?):wall

Try this. Can't hurt. Remove the TSSM module and blow it out with air. Do the same to the plug. Replace the die electric grease on it and plug it back up. See it that helps. Had the same thing happen to me a month or so back. Had heavy fog for several days in the AM. Went to the shop and she was there flashing. Dried it and been fine since.

If you do have to go through the marrying process, timing is EVERYTHING! :) I know, I have been there. :s

This may hold your answers:s

I tried the password reset/marry procedure. Never did see the security light except when I got to the end and turned the switch off-on, and then off for fifteen seconds and back on and tried to start the bike. Sorry to say the bike didn't start. I can hear the fuel pump, the engine light and the security light come on and then go off, it cranks, the thing won't start. I get codes 23 and 32 injector codes I belive. Please help, I'm about to go to u-haul and rent a trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy the way. By the end of the procedure the check engine light was throwing codes. Keep in mind my RK is an '01....

Back