free website stats program 2001 Road King Police - Need Help | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Road King Police - Need Help

mos1833

I ride a 2001 Road King Police, it is fuel injected. Recently the rear cylinder has stopped firing even when first started. As I increase the RPM's the cylinder starts firing. The computer shows no error codes. What is causing this? Please help. mos1833

Have you done any recent maintenance or mods to the bike? Does it do this on every start up or only when hot/cold/first start of the day? Once the cylinder starts firing at increased RPM's does it continue firing if you let the RPM return to idle?

How are you determining that the rear cylinder is not firing?????

No parade mode on 01 models, Do diagnostics again, probable cause is cam sensor

Parade mode came in on fly by wire throttle 2008.
Maybe if thread is moved to appropriate area Member may get more results..

To echo the question above, when you say "not firing", what do you mean? No spark, or no combustion?

If the latter, then I would suggest you try "wiggling" the wire to the injector connector near the connector to see if that makes a difference. If the wire is sort of tight, it may have pulled apart inside the insulation and is making erratic contact as it warms up. If wiggling helps or reinforces that this is the problem, then you know what the problem is and how to fix it!!

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
I ride a 2001 Road King Police, it is fuel injected. Recently the rear cylinder has stopped firing even when first started. As I increase the RPM's the cylinder starts firing. The computer shows no error codes. What is causing this? Please help. mos1833
1. The cylinder does not get a spark at idle, I switched spark plugs it still does not fire.
2. Recent work was a new battery and oil changed.
3. Valve springs were confirmed OK, valve movement also.
4. New coil, stator, computer had no effect, it did not eliminate the problem.
5. Spark cable appears OK because it fires the plug at higher RPM's, stops firing when it returns to idle.
Can someone more familiar with this site share this to an appropriate area, I am new to this site. Thanks.

Back