free website stats program 2001 Road King, just stopped running | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Road King, just stopped running

I am new to this forum, looks like an awesome tool. I just bought a 2001 Road King Police Bike. It has 4800 miles on it. I have driven for 800 miles. I was cruising at about 65MPH and it just stopped running. Like you shut the fuel off or turned off the key. When I turn the key on I can hear the fuel pump running and stopping like normal. The engine light goes off. Just wont start..... I need a starting point? Maybe a process of illimination?

I am new to this forum, looks like an awesome tool. I just bought a 2001 Road King Police Bike. It has 4800 miles on it. I have driven for 800 miles. I was cruising at about 65MPH and it just stopped running. Like you shut the fuel off or turned off the key. When I turn the key on I can hear the fuel pump running and stopping like normal. The engine light goes off. Just wont start..... I need a starting point? Maybe a process of illimination?

Harley Davidson Community Start here:s

Funny, almost the exact same thing happened to me, with my '01 EFI Road King with about the same miles... had "spark" & "injector pulse", so proceeded to look into the fuel delivery. First replaced the fuel filter & all the lines/check valves in the tank...the bike then started but died immediately & wouldnt re-start. ended up checking for fuel "flow" to the injectors(wasnt any), and had to replace the "fuel supply line"(from tank to motor)...now all good...good luck with yours, and if yours is "carb" and not "efi", most of this info wont apply:D

Post is a little old, but would like to know how this came out. I had the same thing on my 1999 RKC, it ended up being the crank position sensor.

Post is a little old, but would like to know how this came out. I had the same thing on my 1999 RKC, it ended up being the crank position sensor.

Which is exactly why we ask everyone to remember to return to the threads they start asking for help, and post what the resolution was. That way everyone benefits!

Were you testing for spark with an inline spark tester? Newer models, from what I've heard, must have the plugs installed to test for spark. I don't know about '01's.
tourbox

tn94s3.jpg
have a look here for testing your coil

Back